Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I'm still pinching myself.

Okay if I'm going to be honest, my brain is kind of else where right now, but I figured I should blog for the sake of all the people who want to hear about Italy (okay let's be real, it's for my parents and Mrs. Butler). 6 days ago I was on my way to Italy. I've already been there and back. I can't believe it. What's even crazier is that we met up with 6 other people studying abroad in other countries and we went on the biggest weekend of the year Carneval! WHAT?! It was super crazy and super exciting. I was forced to be surrounded by masks...my dad would have been so proud.

We met with everyone in Venezia. Seriously one of the coolest places I've ever seen, not that I've seen a whole lot. But it was so unique and so colorful. Ah I still can't get over it. It was the coolest cultural experience. We ate a lot of pizza and pasta (uh I had pesto gnocchi-heaven) and TONS if gelato...seriously though, that's my kind of city. It was sooo good. The streets were literally water and we saw all kinds of gondolas. I'm still trying to figure out why they all wear stripes. It was so great to meet up with the Austrians and Jacob from Liverpool. I can't believe all of us OBU students met up in Italy. I still can't wrap my mind around it.

It was freezing. But the coolest thing happend. There was a thunder snow. (Yeah, that was funny explaining it in spanish to my teacher). It was sooo cool, it was while we were dancing in the plaza for the festival. It was awesome. Never heard thunder or seen lightening while it's snowed. I got to spend good time with the girls too and got to know Victoria so much better. It's sad it took us studying abroad to figure that out. haha She's awesome and I think we're going to take a trip to Barcelona together-Beth and I with Emily and Victoria! YES! I missed Em too, I love conversation with her, it's always good. It was super fun getting to know Greg and Margo too. It was great to put faces with the names I have heard so much about. And yes of course it was great to see Rusty. However, I think it was harder leaving them all this time than the airport in Arkansas. But there are sooo many fun adventures to come! Spring Break 2013 #Salzburg #Ithinkyes

It was a great weekend with Beth too. I'm so glad we are such close friends. She is seriously like my sister. (shout out to my real one, Davinia, miss you like crazy and we need to FaceTime soon). We are now meeting weekly to keep each other accountable and reflect on our time and pray. Today was great. I am definitely understanding the value of Christian fellowship and accountability. I miss that about OBU and definitely took my friendships for granted. Being able to have conversations about Christ that are meaningful and intentional is a great great thing and I miss having more of that, but I am so blessed to have some friends to do that with here. I feel for the other students who don't have any close friends with them. I know the Lord has to be teaching them so much. Beth and I were talking too about how much we've grown here already. It's been amazing to see God work and be so blessed by Him working in and through us. I pray He continues to do so and that we never put anything in the way to prevent that.

Beth and I FaceTimed Clay, Britt and a little bit of Logan today. I almost cried out of pure joy. I didn't realize how much I've missed them. Ah it was so great. Words cannot express how happy it made me. They are such great friends and I am sooo blessed to have them all in my lives! Shout out to all of you back at OBU: Britt, Ashley, Sam, J-Stew, Amanda, Clay, Garet, Kyle, Logan, Zach, Hunter, Coon, Jake and all of you other crazy kids. I miss you all and I hope OBU is treating you well.

I can't wait for all there is to come! :) Till next time. Booya.

"If there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation of love, any fellowship with the Spirit, any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by thinking the same way, having the same love, sharing the same feelings, focusing on one goal. Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but with humility consider others as more important than yourselves." Phil. 2:1-3

What sweet friends. I was so happy to see them!

Yeah, I know you're jealous.

I'm not going to even bother with words...

My beautiful friend. O and this church's ceiling was literally all small mosaic tiles. CRAZY!

This is for Heidi. Sorry Em I never gave you a good face. haha

So beautiful. And yes this is a famous bridge that's been in tons of movies.  Booya. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I guess it was not just for your parents and me b/c it looks like Emily read it! Seriously, though. I do so appreciate you blogging. You know how much I love hearing all the adventures. It is funny b/c I used to be super jealous when ANYONE would travel (and it was not me) but the Lord has done a work in me and now He allows me to find joy in other's joy. What a gift He has given me. Now, I can just be so happy for all of the students abroad. You are all so fortunate to be over in Europe together. Many students get there and don't know a soul. What fun to have already made the connection with England and Austria OBU students. Remember, it is not always about where you travel but with whom you travel that makes it so much fun. So glad you are getting to travel with your friends. Now, if only some of the others at OBU could just fly over and stay a while....
    Love, Mrs. Butler (thanks for posting-I will pretend it was just for me)

    ReplyDelete