Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's becoming more like home

Today was good. It was soo good. Number one thing, spent so much time with the Lord. I woke up to great time in the Word. I am reading "Taste and See" by John Piper and it's a book with mediations on God's word and simple truths to think about. Today was on "casting all our anxieties on Him". I definitely need to remember that more and actually follow through. It's ridiculous how many anxious girls are on this trip, but it's awesome to see how God can completely overcome that. But to continue on about our day...we went to una inglesia. It was awesome. They sang some songs I recognized like "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and another that I completely lost in my head right now. I wish I could have understood more...I need to learn more spanish, but from what I got and what Bethany explained it was a great sermon. We then went to visit Pepita again! Bah! I love Pepita! She feeds us sooo much food...it's a nice break from the apartment life, which is getting better. We are finally buying food. We then chilled at their house and booked out tickets to ITALY!!! #thisisreallife What?! I'm so pumped and so relieved to have something planned.

I came home this afternoon and listened to some great podcasts from Matt Chandler and put up all the pictures in my room! Ah there are SOOOO many. Haha I literally probably have 70-80 pictures up (man o menos). I love it. Who knew something so little could make you feel so good. Then I get the lovely news that Rusty and Emily are finally in Europe! YAY!!! :) Haha I'm a bit excited. It's nice to know I don't have to think 7 hours back for them any more. To be honest it just makes me feel better.

Brynn and I finished off the night with a movie in bed. I'm so grateful she's my roommate. We have had some good time together and we get along well. It's a relief to have someone who relates so well. We can push each other, but know when to turn and give the other a hug. She's wonderful and such a blessing.

O I almost forgot the coolest part of my week. In my class I have made a friend named Ji. He is a little Chinese guy who studies abroad in the States and is now studying abroad in Spain! Crazy-but Asaf is doing the same thing. But I started talking with him some and he's so cool. The best part is he flat out asked me if I was a Christian. I told him "si!!! are you?" and he said yes! He asked if I was Baptist too, haha how funny and told him yes and he is too! How crazy is that?! So awesome though and so God! I think he's going to come with us to church some time! So great to make friends with another believer so far from our home and in such a different culture. It's different from what we're are used to and it is pretty dark in many ways. But I am definitely finding some awesome opportunities. That was my biggest prayer that God would place people in my way to share the Gospel and give me the strength to show His love. I feel He is already answering that prayer which is a great encouragement.

I have so much to learn and not everyday has been great. There have definitely been some ups and downs, but I already feel like I'm learning so much. I'm learning a lot about myself too and realizing even more how dependent I need to be upon the Lord, which means I need to let go even of myself. I can not control everything and I've got to get over that. But it's amazing to realize that when you are dry and hungry the only thing to truly satisfy you is Jesus. He is so good and so faithful even when I am not. I love it!

Be praying God will grant us strength and peace. Pray that through that peace we will find strength in Him to share what He has given us: the hope, the peace, the joy, our purpose, our life. My prayer is that His name will be made known here and that I will not waste my life. This is time to explore and have fun, but God placed me on earth for a greater purpose and that is Him.

"The eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show his might in behalf of those whose heart is blameless toward him." 2 Chronicles 16:9

Spanish peanut butter, definitely not home', but I can work with it for 4 months.

Haha we found this thing of poop or "caca" as we would say.

This is at the park just a minute from our apartment!

First full meal as a group and yes they are eating papas fritas. 

I finally got a picture of the boys. Thank you Asaf for smiling.

I don't even know. This was a statue at a park we walked by.

This tree was sooo cool. It was ginormous.

We went shopping. Ellen found some glasses. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! It was great to see your honesty and your faith coming out in your note. So glad to hear that you are finding joy even when it is not easy. Your days seem to be getting better. Hey, you are in Spain!!!! I love it how you are leaning on the Lord for even the smallest things. I loved hearing all the little details because it helps all of us back in the states to be able to identify what it is like where you are living. Have a blast! What an experience. What a blessing to have your classmates with you to walk thru this journey together. You will never be the same. To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete