Monday, March 4, 2013

Welp We're Sliding Down.

Well we're already over half way. I started my third term of classes today. I have the same professor I've had for my last two grammer classes, Marina, she's amazing. Seriously. She goes above and beyond the call of being a teacher. Then in my complementary course, I'm in cine, with every student from Ouachita that's studying here and all our Japanese friends. I'm struggling writing english today, the spanish gets mixed in.

I'm literally amazed at the fact that I am on the downward slope. But really, we had 8 full weeks of class (I mean besides the days I skipped) and now we only have six. What?! Where has the time gone? Beth and I are leaving for Belgium in a week and a half. That is surreal because about a week after we get back I'm jumped on a plane to Switzerland to meet my friends for spring break! Bah!! The time is slipping away and I'm realizing how much more I want to take advantage of it. I'm trying not to burn myself out though.

This last was good in many ways, but also hard. I was exhausted, I figured out that I was on the verge of iron deficiency anemia (if I wasn't already there) and had some really rough days in class. My teacher even asked me about it. I love knowing she cares so much and that she's so attentive to what's going on. But I figured it out and am feeling better, gotta get that meat; however, I wish it wasn't as expensive haha I'm a cheapskate. It's nice having energy to do life. I've started running more consistently too. It's great. I forgot how much I loved doing it everyday. I also had some really good days this week. The Lord continues to teach me so much here. For one I got to share more about him with some of my friends, I was so grateful for the opportunities, but it's definitely making me crave the Word more and wanting to really memorize it. I'm realizing how important that is to my faith and sharing with others. I got to sit down with Brenna and plan the second half of our spring break too! We booked our hostels and tickets! AH! So cool, so surreal. I can't believe I'm getting to go to all these places. The UK is going to be so cool and beautiful! Church was awesome, it was one of the first times I really felt encouraged after leaving, mainly because I could understand most of what the pastor was saying. I have gained so much respect here for people who come to America and are basically forced to learn english. It is hard. And it's really intimidating and discouraging to be on the side where you are the minority and can't communicate or understand others. So it was so wonderful to step out of church and feel confident in what I heard. Don't get me wrong, I definitely didn't catch everything, but I was able to fill in most of the pieces.

I got to facetime with all of my family this weekend too, so good. They are beautiful and those boys are growing like nobody's business. I can't believe it.

This weekend Rusty got to meet up with Karis for a week. I'm not going to lie I am a little jealous, I wish I could see my sister soooo badly. Most of my friends have family coming to visit and although I am ecstatic for them, it is a little hard knowing I won't see mine till I get home. But the good news is I will see them when I get home and what a blessing that is. It makes me realize too that the Lord is the only completely consistent being in my life. It makes me rely more on Him and helps put me at ease for whatever He throws at me in the future.

Shout out to Ashley Randels for MAKING MY DAY with her wonderful HILARIOUS email. Girl, I miss you and Sam! Skype PRONTO!

O we got a new roommate! She's Korean and soo cute! I'm still struggling with her name though. It's Sugi or something like that, but for short in the future I'll refer to her as Su, es mas facil. I'm so excited to get to know her!

I'm in Spain. It's normal now, but still a little bizarre when I think about it and think about how normal it is. I know not everyone has an opportunity to do something like this, but my prayer is that people will step out and when opportunities arise they will take advantage of them. My view of the world, my view of God, my view of people has grown so much. I've learned SO much. Most of the things I've learned you can't know until you've experienced it yourself.

I'll attach pictures soon. I have a couple new ones of everyday life.

Booya.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...so much news. So sorry to hear about the anemia. I hope you are not as tired these days. I loved it when you said, " It makes me realize too that the Lord is the only completely consistent being in my life. It makes me rely more on Him and helps put me at ease for whatever He throws at me in the future" That is something we all need to do! Good WORD.

    ReplyDelete